Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pic size.
It's okay, I often misunderstand things. Like I'm confused what a rats behind has to do with anything. I guess I'll just have to try and live with one less audience member for my pictures  Big Grin

PS - I had a free image host years ago until Photobucket took and held all my pics for ransom. I'm done with those.
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 1 user Likes Dave in KY's post:
  • TobyC
(05-31-2021, 08:45 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: Why do pix need to be so big? I post pix all the time and just tell Postimage the size I want. Easy, peasy. If pix in a post are too big I just move on. I won't look at pix that more than fill the screen. I can't be alone in that.

Bit maybe I missed something?

Maybe you should read what I said in post #16.

"Forums these days accept larger pix when you attach them, but they display them all at a standard size chosen by the administrator. The forum doesn't display a huge pic no matter how large a pic you attach."
Boar brushes, brass razors, and hard pucks ARE traditional wet shaving. Everything else is modern day fluff for the girly men.
(05-31-2021, 10:37 PM)Dave in KY Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 08:45 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: Why do pix need to be so big? I post pix all the time and just tell Postimage the size I want. Easy, peasy. If pix in a post are too big I just move on. I won't look at pix that more than fill the screen. I can't be alone in that.

Bit maybe I missed something?
Well when I post on other forums my sotd and have no problem and then post the same here and it says file size too big and you have to go back and redo it always just for here it gets old. My pix don't more than fill my screen. Maybe it's your settings. Apparently it's not an issue on all other forums.........but maybe I'm missing something......

Modern forums do two things; They accept images regardless of size, and they display them in a forum friendly size. Forums don't have huge pictures anymore, where you have to move them back and forth to see them, the admin. chooses the display size that best suits the forum. No one wants huge pix on the forum, but no one wants to have to reduce the size of all of their pix to post them either.
Boar brushes, brass razors, and hard pucks ARE traditional wet shaving. Everything else is modern day fluff for the girly men.
The following 1 user Likes TobyC's post:
  • Dave in KY
I keep my own images, I don't want them stored somewhere on a hosting service.
The following 1 user Likes TobyC's post:
  • Dave in KY
Just lock the thread and move on, this isn't worth the effort.
(06-01-2021, 12:15 AM)TobyC Wrote: Just lock the thread and move on, this isn't worth the effort.

Actually it is time to lock this as the problem has been looked into and HRM Fuzzy fixed the issue.
Happy shaves to ya!