Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Clan of Catchers.
(04-17-2021, 12:54 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: First shave with a recently acquired ER lather catcher. I have another one but it has a damaged blade stop. This one has good blade stops and came with a nice handle with the stopping attachment that inserts into the end. The shave was quite nice. The Schick N is also a new acquisition and was loaded with a vintage twin blade. Both razors performed beautifully. 

That is a great lather catcher. I call it the 1913ish. Myself and @birdlives love the shaves from ours. Glad you got a hold of a good one.
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 1 user Likes Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(04-18-2021, 01:10 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: [Image: sos210418.jpg]
Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
[Image: zcws.jpg]

Cold Water Rinse
Arko Shave Soap
SlimGem Silvertip Badger
1907 Gem Jr. Lather Catcher
Personna GEM SS PTFE
CWR
Vegetal AS

The Arko Shave Soap lathered well with the SlimGem Silvertip Badger. Two passes and touch ups with the 1907 Gem Jr. Lather Catcher razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Vegetal AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

(04-18-2021, 06:03 PM)Wchnu Wrote:
(04-17-2021, 12:54 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: First shave with a recently acquired ER lather catcher. I have another one but it has a damaged blade stop. This one has good blade stops and came with a nice handle with the stopping attachment that inserts into the end. The shave was quite nice. The Schick N is also a new acquisition and was loaded with a vintage twin blade. Both razors performed beautifully. 

That is a great lather catcher. I call it the 1913ish. Myself and @birdlives love the shaves from ours. Glad you got a hold of a good one.

I'm glad it's got good blade stops. When I unpacked it the blade was slipped up over the one and made me think it was another bad one. Luckily both stops are in good shape though.

That's a beautiful Gem Junior Jim.
The following 3 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, Jayaruh, Wchnu
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 01:30 AM)GAW9576 Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 01:10 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: [Image: sos210418.jpg]
[Image: zcws.jpg]

Cold Water Rinse
Arko Shave Soap
SlimGem Silvertip Badger
1907 Gem Jr. Lather Catcher
Personna GEM SS PTFE
CWR
Vegetal AS

The Arko Shave Soap lathered well with the SlimGem Silvertip Badger. Two passes and touch ups with the 1907 Gem Jr. Lather Catcher razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Vegetal AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

That's a beautiful Gem Junior Jim.
Thanks, got it from Fuzzy. It was my first lather catcher. I made this handle though.
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 3 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, mayer57619
Like Reply
[Image: sos210425.jpg]

Cold Water Rinse
LaToja Shaving Stick
Tom's B400 Two-band Badger
J.A. Henckels Rapide
Henckels Wedge
CWR
Florida Water

The LaToja Shaving Stick Shave Soap lathered well with Tom's B400 Two-band Badger. Two passes and touch ups with the J.A. Henckels Rapide Lather Catcher razor with a Henckels Wedge blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Florida Water. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 3 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, mayer57619
Like Reply
(04-25-2021, 09:10 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: [Image: sos210425.jpg]

Cold Water Rinse
LaToja Shaving Stick
Tom's B400 Two-band Badger
J.A. Henckels Rapide
Henckels Wedge
CWR
Florida Water

The LaToja Shaving Stick Shave Soap lathered well with Tom's B400 Two-band Badger. Two passes and touch ups with the J.A. Henckels Rapide Lather Catcher razor with a Henckels Wedge blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Florida Water. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Cool razor I've admired for some time Jim. GREAT shave !
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 1 user Likes Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
I had a wonderful shave with the Eagle Improved razor today. It can be used with a trimmed down Gem blade. It was a surprisingly mild yet fairly efficient razor. I didn't get the usual first use harshness that Gem blades sometimes have. The soap is a hand made Dragon's Blood scented soap a friend made me. I need to dial in the amount of water to use to get a better lather but entail testing was good. And I love the scent.

The following 3 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, Jayaruh, mayer57619
Like Reply
I posted this shave in the brush board. Wonderfull Mitchell’s and 1907ish ER shave.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Happy shaves to ya!
The following 4 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Jayaruh, mayer57619
Like Reply
(04-26-2021, 12:22 AM)GAW9576 Wrote: I had a wonderful shave with the Eagle Improved razor today. It can be used with a trimmed down Gem blade. It was a surprisingly mild yet fairly efficient razor. I didn't get the usual first use harshness that Gem blades sometimes have. The soap is a hand made Dragon's Blood scented soap a friend made me. I need to dial in the amount of water to use to get a better lather but entail testing was good. And I love the scent.

How would you describe Dragon’s blood?
Happy shaves to ya!
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(04-26-2021, 08:25 AM)Wchnu Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 12:22 AM)GAW9576 Wrote: I had a wonderful shave with the Eagle Improved razor today. It can be used with a trimmed down Gem blade. It was a surprisingly mild yet fairly efficient razor. I didn't get the usual first use harshness that Gem blades sometimes have. The soap is a hand made Dragon's Blood scented soap a friend made me. I need to dial in the amount of water to use to get a better lather but entail testing was good. And I love the scent.

How would you describe Dragon’s blood?

Intoxicating for me. It's one of my favorite scents.
From Wikipedia "Dragon's blood is a bright red resin which is obtained from different species of a number of distinct plant genera: Croton, Dracaena, Daemonorops, Calamus rotang and Pterocarpus. The red resin has been in continuous use since ancient times as varnish, medicine, incense, and dye."
I pick up a little vanilla, some earthy spices and a bit of coco in the scent. I'm hoping I can nail down the lathering on this soap because it has great scent a d pretty good slickness.
Like Reply
(04-27-2021, 02:32 AM)GAW9576 Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 08:25 AM)Wchnu Wrote: How would you describe Dragon’s blood?

Intoxicating for me. It's one of my favorite scents.
From Wikipedia "Dragon's blood is a bright red resin which is obtained from different species of a number of distinct plant genera: Croton, Dracaena, Daemonorops, Calamus rotang and Pterocarpus. The red resin has been in continuous use since ancient times as varnish, medicine, incense, and dye."
I pick up a little vanilla, some earthy spices and a bit of coco in the scent. I'm hoping I can nail down the lathering on this soap because it has great scent a d pretty good slickness.
Sounds nice. It seems that a lot of  the little soap makers that have popped up are doing a good job of things.
Happy shaves to ya!
  • GAW9576
Like Reply