Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
February Haul
(02-11-2022, 03:42 PM)Flintstone Wrote: Wow, wow, wow!!!!  You guys don't mess around....these are some amazing acquisitions!!!  I have finally tamped down my RAD, but just a few minutes on this thread and I'm fighting the urge to search.  Congrats to each of you fortunate shavers!

Sorry Fred. I know we are all an influence on each other. I just haven't determined whether it's a good or bad influence.
BTW I told Twelvefret the other day that I blame him and you for my SE addiction. Or maybe I should thank both of you. Big Grin
The following 5 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, Flintstone, Twelvefret, Wchnu, Whiterook
Like Reply
I got something I'm excited about in a recent lot purchase. The pictures weren't great but there were several razors that I could positively identify that made it worth a shot. The other razors are decent but this is the one I was hoping was what I thought it might be. And it was. Well at least very close. I thought it was a Kampfe Bros Star from the vague pictures. It's a Gem though. And to me that's a bonus. I have an 1887 Kampfe. So this isn't my oldest Safety but it is my oldest Gem. And Gems are my favorites. Anyone that can help with more ID info it would be appreciated. It has a patent date of Dec 27 1898 in both the United States and England.

The following 6 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, Flintstone, Jayaruh, mayer57619, Wchnu, Whiterook
Like Reply
Darn 4 image limit. 

The following 4 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, Jayaruh, mayer57619, Whiterook
Like Reply
Very cool Gem. I like the Maltese Cross.
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 1 user Likes Jayaruh's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(02-16-2022, 10:42 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: Very cool Gem. I like the Maltese Cross.

I hope to get it cleaned up and shave with it tomorrow. That is the condition it came in. Did you notice where the little adjustment screws are located? They are visible in the third picture.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • twhite
Like Reply
(02-17-2022, 02:48 AM)GAW9576 Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 10:42 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: Very cool Gem. I like the Maltese Cross.

I hope to get it cleaned up and shave with it tomorrow. That is the condition it came in. Did you notice where the little adjustment screws are located? They are visible in the third picture.

I see them now. Thanks.
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 2 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • GAW9576, Twelvefret
Like Reply
(02-11-2022, 12:20 PM)Dave in KY Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 06:25 AM)Wchnu Wrote: Fair for who is the question...just saying. Cool

He said how much and I accepted, Fair to both which is how it should be  Tongue

Indeed!!!
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 3 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Twelvefret
Like Reply
(02-12-2022, 01:53 AM)GAW9576 Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 03:42 PM)Flintstone Wrote: Wow, wow, wow!!!!  You guys don't mess around....these are some amazing acquisitions!!!  I have finally tamped down my RAD, but just a few minutes on this thread and I'm fighting the urge to search.  Congrats to each of you fortunate shavers!

Sorry Fred. I know we are all an influence on each other. I just haven't determined whether it's a good or bad influence.
BTW I told Twelvefret the other day that I blame him and you for my SE addiction. Or maybe I should thank both of you. Big Grin

A thanks is order I think. Lol.
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576, Twelvefret
Like Reply
(02-16-2022, 10:33 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: I got something I'm excited about in a recent lot purchase. The pictures weren't great but there were several razors that I could positively identify that made it worth a shot. The other razors are decent but this is the one I was hoping was what I thought it might be. And it was. Well at least very close. I thought it was a Kampfe Bros Star from the vague pictures. It's a Gem though. And to me that's a bonus. I have an 1887 Kampfe. So this isn't my oldest Safety but it is my oldest Gem. And Gems are my favorites. Anyone that can help with more ID info it would be appreciated. It has a patent date of Dec 27 1898 in both the United States and England.

Veddy veddy veddy nice!!  I will look it up and see what I can find.
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 3 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Twelvefret
Like Reply
(02-17-2022, 10:13 PM)Wchnu Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 01:53 AM)GAW9576 Wrote: Sorry Fred. I know we are all an influence on each other. I just haven't determined whether it's a good or bad influence.

A thanks is order I think. Lol.

I believe you are right my friend.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • Twelvefret
Like Reply