Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jayaruh Brushes
You guys all know about me making brushes. I am presently at Jayaruh #411. I finished off my week with one of my favorites, Jayaruh #340 fan two-band badger. If you have a favorite Jayaruh brush, post it here.
[Image: sod200426.jpg]
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 3 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Droo78, GAW9576, Grassy
Like Reply
Love my Jayaruh brushes.
Happy shaves to ya!
Like Reply
I am the proud owner of the "Pi" brush, Jayaruh #314. It's made from Cocobolo wood and the long handle makes it very easy to use.
Here it is from a past SOTD post.

Andrew
Traditional wet shaving saves me money...
The following 2 users Like Droo78's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh
Like Reply
(06-06-2020, 10:28 PM)Droo78 Wrote: I am the proud owner of the "Pi" brush, Jayaruh #314. It's made from Cocobolo wood and the long handle makes it very easy to use.
I still cannot believe I let the Pi brush go. You are one lucky dude. I am glad you like it.
The following 2 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Droo78, GAW9576
Like Reply
(06-07-2020, 12:17 AM)Jayaruh Wrote:
(06-06-2020, 10:28 PM)Droo78 Wrote: I am the proud owner of the "Pi" brush, Jayaruh #314. It's made from Cocobolo wood and the long handle makes it very easy to use.
I still cannot believe I let the Pi brush go. You are one lucky dude. I am glad you like it.

I think I caught you while you were in the holiday spirit.  Big Grin
Andrew
Traditional wet shaving saves me money...
The following 1 user Likes Droo78's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
Jayaruh #1 Gets Refreshed

When I took the pictures for this weeks shaves, I noticed that my Jayaruh #1 badger brush had suffered wear over the past five years, so I decided to give it a refresh. This was my first hand-made brush I had done. This was done without a lathe and with just hand tools. 

Here is the original picture I took after completing the brush in January of 2015. It was stained with walnut stain and finished with Polyurethane satin finish.
[Image: JR%25231.jpg]

Here it is a few days ago when I took my pictures for the week. You can see the worn area around the top. I restained that area and gave the handle two coats of Winmax Polycrylic semi-gloss finish.

[Image: sod200621.JPG]

Here it is after its refresh. This should do for many years.

[Image: IMG_2431b.jpg]
The following 4 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Dave in KY, Droo78, GAW9576, Grassy
Like Reply
304 Big Boar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The following 2 users Like mlb 549's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh
Like Reply
(06-15-2020, 03:23 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: Jayaruh #1 Gets Refreshed

When I took the pictures for this weeks shaves, I noticed that my Jayaruh #1 badger brush had suffered wear over the past five years, so I decided to give it a refresh. This was my first hand-made brush I had done. This was done without a lathe and with just hand tools. 

Here is the original picture I took after completing the brush in January of 2015. It was stained with walnut stain and finished with Polyurethane satin finish.
[Image: JR%25231.jpg]

Here it is a few days ago when I took my pictures for the week. You can see the worn area around the top. I restained that area and gave the handle two coats of Winmax Polycrylic semi-gloss finish.

[Image: sod200621.JPG]

Here it is after its refresh. This should do for many years.

[Image: IMG_2431b.jpg]
That looks fantastic. Great refinish.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • Jayaruh
Like Reply