Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An uncommon Star.
I've recently acquired a Star razor from the famous site.
Can't find any info except from a couple of other forum's post.

The patent date looks very familiar. Smile

I've shaved with the razor a couple of times. I expected the shave to be similar to Star Cru Steel or Ever Ready 1914, which feels very aggressive to me.

However, it has a mid range aggressiveness similar to Gem 1912. I don't like shaving with Star Cru steel but shaving with this razor was a pleasure. 

Anybody enlighten me about this razor?
The following 3 users Like nongillette's post:
  • Dave in KY, Electrif, GAW9576
Like Reply
That is interesting. No cap. I have a Damaskeene with no cap that shaves great too.
http://jrshaving.blogspot.com/search/label/Frankenrazor
[Image: Frankenskeene02.JPG]
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 2 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576
Like Reply
I purchased this razor because I remembered seeing this post a while ago. It originally doesn't have a cap. It was Buy it now below $20 so I jumped on it the moment I saw it.

https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/thr...st-9083546
The following 2 users Like nongillette's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh
Like Reply
I believe I've seen one or it may have been another ASR razor very similar to that. It was part of a collection of 1,000 razors. I spent 5 hrs at the guys house trying not to drool. He had been collecting for over 20 years and said to the best of his knowledge it was one of very few prototypes. I obviously can't verify the accuracy of it being a prototype but I'm fairly certain that it is at least quite rare.

Here is another rare razor from his collection.

Another pic of that razor.

The following 6 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, Droo78, Electrif, Jayaruh, mayer57619, nongillette
Like Reply
(06-08-2020, 08:33 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: I believe I've seen one or it may have been another ASR razor very similar to that. It was part of a collection of 1,000 razors. I spent 5 hrs at the guys house trying not to drool. He had been collecting for over 20 years and said to the best of his knowledge it was one of very few prototypes. I obviously can't verify the accuracy of it being a prototype but I'm fairly certain that it is at least quite rare.

Here is another rare razor from his collection.

Another pic of that razor.

Thanks for sharing the great story and the pics. Smile
The following 1 user Likes nongillette's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply