Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feather SE razors
I had never seen the Feather self stropping razors before. I knew they existed and that is why they still make the blades we can buy today. I came across these on ebay in Japan. The prices are outrageous! Everything in this sellers shop is very expensive, maybe it's a Japan thing, but it's interesting to see the pictures.

And another one

Clearly Autostrop copies but if the 1950s date is right Valet Autostrop had already ceased production in 1946
The following 6 users Like Grassy's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Old Sarge, riverrun, TobyC, Tony'schin
Like Reply
Thanks for posting, I've seen that shop. Auto Strop copies by Feather and cool pieces but definitely overpriced. Some other companies had copies as well as I almost bought one but decided to stick with the originals. Those are pretty !
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 4 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, Grassy, Old Sarge, TobyC
Like Reply
(10-02-2021, 09:19 AM)Dave in KY Wrote: Thanks for posting, I've seen that shop. Auto Strop copies by Feather and cool pieces but definitely overpriced. Some other companies had copies as well as I almost bought one but decided to stick with the originals. Those are pretty !

Interesting, I didn't know other companies had made copies too.
The following 3 users Like Grassy's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Old Sarge
Like Reply
(10-02-2021, 09:27 AM)Grassy Wrote:
(10-02-2021, 09:19 AM)Dave in KY Wrote: Thanks for posting, I've seen that shop. Auto Strop copies by Feather and cool pieces but definitely overpriced. Some other companies had copies as well as I almost bought one but decided to stick with the originals. Those are pretty !

Interesting, I didn't know other companies had made copies too.

I'll try and find a pic of it when was for sale.
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
Like Reply
Grassy I knew I remembered it but took awhile to find the completed listing. "Prince" razor

Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
Like Reply
(10-02-2021, 11:09 AM)Dave in KY Wrote: Grassy I knew I remembered it but took awhile to find the completed listing. "Prince" razor

Those are some seriously nice looking blade stops! "thumbs up emoji here"
Bryan, FNG-SE
The following 4 users Like Old Sarge's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Grassy, TobyC
Like Reply
The handles on the feather look pretty nice.
The following 2 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Grassy, Old Sarge
Like Reply
(10-02-2021, 11:09 AM)Dave in KY Wrote: Grassy I knew I remembered it but took awhile to find the completed listing. "Prince" razor

Thanks for posting that. I had never heard of the Prince. I'm guessing that's an American copy made after the patent expired?
The following 3 users Like Grassy's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Old Sarge
Like Reply
(10-02-2021, 05:10 PM)Grassy Wrote:

Thanks for posting that. I had never heard of the Prince. I'm guessing that's an American copy made after the patent expired?
I believe so
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 3 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, Grassy, Old Sarge
Like Reply
I have a Feather Injector inbound. I'll post pix when it arrives next week.  These things are crazy expensive but I found one that was at a more reasonable price from a private party.
-----
It’s a lot more fun being 20 in the ‘70s than 70 in the 20s’  - Joe Walsh
The following 4 users Like Whiterook's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Grassy, Old Sarge
Like Reply