Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lessons Learned: Inserting Photos
Having no experience using online forums, I struggled a bit today trying to insert photos to a post. I had taken some photos of a razor and had them saved to my computer. Using the "Preview Post" button, I could see that my initial upload effort only displayed about the 25% of the left side. I fiddled with it for a while and below is a list of what I've learned.

- If you have to resize pics to fit, it appears that resizing to a width of 1000 pixels allows for an edge to edge pic to post. At least this is what worked for me using the not so high quality pics from a 1st Gen iPhone SE. It may or may not be the same for you, but could be a good starting point.

- To insert pics, click on the big box at the bottom of the post "Click or drop some files here to upload...", a box opens where you can select a file from your computer to upload. Once uploaded, the file(s) is/are listed below the box where you are give the option to either "Remove" or "Insert Into Post".

- If you have a pic listed as an attachment and "Post Thread" without clicking the "Insert Into Post" button, the pic will show up at the bottom of your post as "Attached Files"/"Images".

- However, if prior to posting your thread you click on "Insert Into Post", your photo will be inserted using a tag (example "[attachment=####]"). If you insert multiple pics, you will have multiple tags that are sequentially numbered. You can cut and paste these tags if you want to move the pic within the post to allow for text in-between.

- While the edit button is available to adjust a post, the "Preview Post" button is your friend to review your post before it goes live.

Please let me know if I've been less than clear or incorrect in the above. Also, please add your own lesson learned on what works for you when posting pics. I'm not sure if it will be the same for those working on a phone vs. a computer.
Bryan, FNG-SE
The following 3 users Like Old Sarge's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, TobyC
Like Reply
(09-14-2021, 08:41 PM)Old Sarge Wrote: Having no experience using online forums, I struggled a bit today trying to insert photos to a post.

How do Bryan, I use postimage or screenshot, it's free and easy to use. 

No need to resize.
[Image: Screenshot-20210915-183145-Chrome.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20210915-183210-Chrome.jpg]

Just copy the direct link and drop it in the "photo box"
The Clan of Catchers - The Jayaruh Brushes - Williams Mug Shave Soap Club

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo
The following 4 users Like Tony'schin's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Old Sarge, TobyC
Like Reply
(09-15-2021, 05:46 PM)Tony'schin Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 08:41 PM)Old Sarge Wrote: Having no experience using online forums, I struggled a bit today trying to insert photos to a post.

How do Bryan, I use postimage or screenshot, it's free and easy to use. 

No need to resize.

That's a great tip, Tony'schin...thanks!

I'm going to give postimage a shot next time. When you mention "screenshot", is that another service like postimage? I wasn't sure and Google wan't so helpful.

I just noticed you are from Sunderland. Are you a Sunderland AFC supporter? It's been crazy to see the full stands during EPL matches. Feels like real football again!
Bryan, FNG-SE
The following 1 user Likes Old Sarge's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(09-15-2021, 08:28 PM)Old Sarge Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 05:46 PM)Tony'schin Wrote: How do Bryan, I use postimage or screenshot, it's free and easy to use. 

No need to resize.

That's a great tip, Tony'schin...thanks!

I'm going to give postimage a shot next time. When you mention "screenshot", is that another service like postimage? I wasn't sure and Google wan't so helpful.

I just noticed you are from Sunderland. Are you a Sunderland AFC supporter? It's been crazy to see the full stands during EPL matches. Feels like real football again!
How do Bryan,
I can screen shot a "decent" phone shot and save it to postimages, sometimes quicker than getting the camera out.
Yes, I am an SAFC Supporter, STID, for short Sunderland 'till I Die. Sadly though we have plummeted down the leagues, due to poor management (ownership) of the club, I live not far from the stadium and we still put up a good crowd home and away. We just need to start moving again.
T

The following 3 users Like Tony'schin's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Old Sarge
Like Reply
(09-15-2021, 08:50 PM)Tony'schin Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:28 PM)Old Sarge Wrote: That's a great tip, Tony'schin...thanks!

How do Bryan,
I can screen shot a "decent" phone shot and save it to postimages, sometimes quicker than getting the camera out.
Yes, I am an SAFC Supporter, STID, for short Sunderland 'till I Die. Sadly though we have plummeted down the leagues, due to poor management (ownership) of the club, I live not far from the stadium and we still put up a good crowd home and away. We just need to start moving again.
T

Got it, I understand now! 

Thanks to you I learned a new word today, Pogonotomist!

STID, I never had a chance yet to watch the series. I would love to one day be in a full stadium for a football match in England. Over the last three years I've been following the EPL. I came to the sport during the UCL run of a famous team and could be accused of being a bandwagon fan. I apologize in advance for typing this...YNWA! Big Grin
Bryan, FNG-SE
The following 1 user Likes Old Sarge's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(09-15-2021, 08:59 PM)Old Sarge Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:50 PM)Tony'schin Wrote: How do Bryan,
T

Got it, I understand now! 

Thanks to you I learned a new word today, Pogonotomist!

STID, I never had a chance yet to watch the series. I would love to one day be in a full stadium for a football match in England. Over the last three years I've been following the EPL. I came to the sport during the UCL run of a famous team and could be accused of being a bandwagon fan. I apologize in advance for typing this...YNWA! Big Grin
STID, is just what we say  they have our support regardless of how badly they are doing, the series took the name and it is apt.

Oh aye,  Pogonotomy, great hobby.
T

The following 3 users Like Tony'schin's post:
  • GAW9576, Old Sarge, TobyC
Like Reply