Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
July 2020 Hauls
(07-15-2020, 11:26 PM)mayer57619 Wrote: A nice purchase and trade came in today.  Razors were purchased and the brushes were traded for from Teton Shaves!

Has anyone told you about the difficulty with loading blades into the Type F?  I thought mine was defective until I found out about it.
The following 1 user Likes Cleavep222's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(07-25-2020, 02:53 AM)cpool222 Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 11:26 PM)mayer57619 Wrote: A nice purchase and trade came in today.  Razors were purchased and the brushes were traded for from Teton Shaves!

Has anyone told you about the difficulty with loading blades into the Type F?  I thought mine was defective until I found out about it.

I'm curious to hear more about this....I loaded mine without any issues....but I may have gotten lucky.
The following 1 user Likes Flintstone's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(07-25-2020, 02:53 AM)cpool222 Wrote:

No one has mentioned anything...aside from sending it to them since it looks like is has radiation poisoning.  Elaborate?
~ Justin M.
The following 2 users Like mayer57619's post:
  • Flintstone, GAW9576
Like Reply
(07-25-2020, 06:26 PM)mayer57619 Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 02:53 AM)cpool222 Wrote: Has anyone told you about the difficulty with loading blades into the Type F?  I thought mine was defective until I found out about it.

No one has mentioned anything...aside from sending it to them since it looks like is has radiation poisoning.  Elaborate?

I was only trying to spare you the agony of radiation. Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • mayer57619
Like Reply
(07-25-2020, 03:52 PM)Flintstone Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 02:53 AM)cpool222 Wrote: Has anyone told you about the difficulty with loading blades into the Type F?  I thought mine was defective until I found out about it.

I'm curious to hear more about this....I loaded mine without any issues....but I may have gotten lucky.

(07-25-2020, 06:26 PM)mayer57619 Wrote:

If yours loaded okay and shaves well, no problem.  A lot of these don't seem to load well with modern blades. My type F dulled every blade I ran through it and I considered selling it until I found a thread about it in one of the wetshaving sites.  I found someone who knew about the blade stops on some dulling all the blades and he showed me that on those, you have to take a tooth pick or something and as you load the blade, you push the sharp edge of the blade back away from the blade stops with the toothpick and it keeps it from dulling the blade.  That worked perfectly for mine, but if I don't do that, it completely dulls the blade and cuts no whiskers at all.  I can't find the conversation that we all had about that (search engines these days have so many commercial links that it's getting hard to find actual information  Dodgy   ), but on this page go to the first post by billyfergie and he alludes to it:

https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/t...787/page-5
The following 3 users Like Cleavep222's post:
  • Flintstone, GAW9576, mayer57619
Like Reply
(07-26-2020, 06:14 PM)cpool222 Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 03:52 PM)Flintstone Wrote: I'm curious to hear more about this....I loaded mine without any issues....but I may have gotten lucky.

(07-25-2020, 06:26 PM)mayer57619 Wrote: No one has mentioned anything...aside from sending it to them since it looks like is has radiation poisoning.  Elaborate?

If yours loaded okay and shaves well, no problem.  A lot of these don't seem to load well with modern blades. My type F dulled every blade I ran through it and I considered selling it until I found a thread about it in one of the wetshaving sites.  I found someone who knew about the blade stops on some dulling all the blades and he showed me that on those, you have to take a tooth pick or something and as you load the blade, you push the sharp edge of the blade back away from the blade stops with the toothpick and it keeps it from dulling the blade.  That worked perfectly for mine, but if I don't do that, it completely dulls the blade and cuts no whiskers at all.  I can't find the conversation that we all had about that (search engines these days have so many commercial links that it's getting hard to find actual information  Dodgy   ), but on this page go to the first post by billyfergie and he alludes to it:

https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/t...787/page-5
Ahhhh, thanks....and sorry to hear about that with your F.  I had some difficulty with my first E3 and I now I go out of my way to watch the blade load and put some wrist pressure on the key to keep the injector as far to the back and away from the blade stops as I can while pushing in the blade.  I've go some injectors which load easily and the blade is clearly far enough back from the blade stops and safety bar as it goes in, and I have others that seem to require the wrist motion and simultaneous push back with my loading hand while I pull the blade in with the slider.
The following 3 users Like Flintstone's post:
  • Cleavep222, GAW9576, mayer57619
Like Reply
Photo 
Very quickly, the new Yaqi SCHaDE head has landed ...

[Image: ijaRAud.jpg]
[Image: sny5zFj.jpg]
Where there is a great desire there can be no great difficulty - Machiavelli & Me
Greetings from Ischia. Pierpaolo
https://ischiapp.blogspot.com/
The following 5 users Like ischiapp's post:
  • Flintstone, GAW9576, Jayaruh, mayer57619, Tony'schin
Like Reply
Look, Mom, no bumps. I just got my first Micromatic sans bumps.
[Image: MM-nobumps.jpg]
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 3 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • GAW9576, mayer57619, mlb 549
Like Reply
(07-30-2020, 08:55 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: Look, Mom, no bumps. I just got my first Micromatic sans bumps.

Sweet.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • Jayaruh
Like Reply
(07-31-2020, 02:11 AM)GAW9576 Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 08:55 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: Look, Mom, no bumps. I just got my first Micromatic sans bumps.

Sweet.

I don't get it... I just checked mine and one has bumps and the other one has none... not even the middle one like yours.  What's the deal?  Smile
Like Reply