Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
July 2020 Hauls
(07-11-2020, 08:17 PM)Tony\schin Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 07:33 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: Congratulations. That is a great little razor. I love mine. It is scheduled to come out again on the 19th. I have a shave ready blade with mine, too. You can use Gems or the wedges with it. I think you will love it. I am glad you got a wedge and a stropping handle with yours.

Hi Jim,
I am very pleased I found one intact, the blade is apparently shave ready, I now need a paddle strop recomendation?
T

Another query, are Rolls blades compatible?
T
I use my Drygulch strop to strop everything. The Rolls will not work. Too narrow, not wide enough to engage the blade stops. Then there is the kickstand.

[Image: Henckels-Rolls01.jpg]

[Image: Henckels-Rolls02.jpg]
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 3 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • GAW9576, ischiapp, Tony'schin
Like Reply
(07-11-2020, 06:31 PM)Tony\schin Wrote: Gaw9576 is there anyway to date these, I have had a look on net and not much out there?
Thanks,
T

I'm really not in to dating, my wife gets mad when I even look at another woman Big Grin

But seriously I'm not good at finding production dates. That and my memory is so bad for dates I usually forget the ones I do find.
Maybe riverrun or one of the other guys can find you a date. Production date that is. Just to be clear.
The following 3 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Droo78, Tony'schin, TroutWhisperer
Like Reply
A nice purchase and trade came in today.  Razors were purchased and the brushes were traded for from Teton Shaves!

~ Justin M.
The following 1 user Likes mayer57619's post:
  • Droo78
Like Reply
You should send the top left razor to me for proper disposal. It looks life it has a bad case of radiation.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • mayer57619
Like Reply
(07-16-2020, 01:43 AM)GAW9576 Wrote: You should send the top left razor to me for proper disposal. It looks life it has a bad case of radiation.
That is the one that really caught my eye when I was bidding for them...do not think it is leaving anytime soon!
~ Justin M.
Like Reply
(07-16-2020, 03:00 AM)mayer57619 Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 01:43 AM)GAW9576 Wrote: You should send the top left razor to me for proper disposal. It looks life it has a bad case of radiation.
That is the one that really caught my eye when I was bidding for them...do not think it is leaving anytime soon!

It was worth a shot. I think I saw that lot. Just don't have any fun money to bid with right now. Hope you got a good deal and enjoy those razors. I look forward to your shave report with the Type F. Are you going to leave it all natural or polishing up?
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • mayer57619
Like Reply
(07-16-2020, 10:20 AM)GAW9576 Wrote:
(07-16-2020, 03:00 AM)mayer57619 Wrote: That is the one that really caught my eye when I was bidding for them...do not think it is leaving anytime soon!

It was worth a shot. I think I saw that lot. Just don't have any fun money to bid with right now. Hope you got a good deal and enjoy those razors. I look forward to your shave report with the Type F. Are you going to leave it all natural or polishing up?
For now it is just going to get a good cleaning and stay all natural.
~ Justin M.
The following 1 user Likes mayer57619's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
Several of us were discussing The Veg across the street. I mentioned that I had looked around to get some unsuccessfully  Droo78 suggested checking my local Bed Bath and Beyond since his carried it.

I stopped at the closest ( 30 minutes from home ) BB&B today since I was in that area and they had 2 bottles. The first one I picked up to look at had a small leak which worked in my favor. A little got on my hand and I was able to sample the smell with my body chemistry, at least that of my hand. It smelled quite pleasant, kind of a light baby powder scent but slightly sweet without being feminine. It's a clean and fresh scent. I look forward to trying it out more than just a leeky bottle woth.

The following 4 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Droo78, Flintstone, Jayaruh, Tony'schin
Like Reply
(07-19-2020, 07:35 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: Several of us were discussing The Veg across the street. I mentioned that I had looked around to get some unsuccessfully  Droo78 suggested checking my local Bed Bath and Beyond since his carried it.

I stopped at the closest ( 30 minutes from home ) BB&B today since I was in that area and they had 2 bottles. The first one I picked up to look at had a small leak which worked in my favor. A little got on my hand and I was able to sample the smell with my body chemistry, at least that of my hand. It smelled quite pleasant, kind of a light baby powder scent but slightly sweet without being feminine. It's a clean and fresh scent. I look forward to trying it out more than just a leeky bottle woth.
Congrats, it sounds like you are one of the lucky few chosen by the Veg!!!  It's on my list to try one day and see if I too am chosen.  Good to know about BB&B as possible source.
The following 1 user Likes Flintstone's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(07-19-2020, 07:35 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: Several of us were discussing The Veg across the street. I mentioned that I had looked around to get some unsuccessfully  Droo78 suggested checking my local Bed Bath and Beyond since his carried it.

Excellent!  Cool
Andrew
Traditional wet shaving saves me money...
The following 1 user Likes Droo78's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply