Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats in your glass tonight
A toast to my Dad, 3 years today and I miss him every day. He sort of got me back into traditional shaving as I shaved him with his Tech (sorry - unmentionable), boar brush and palmolive stick when he couldn't manage, I thought I'd better up my technique.
He had a wonderful whisky collection (among other tipples) which we enjoyed [Image: 2764.png] and these were passed to me.

[Image: Screenshot-20210204-204859-Gallery.jpg]
Heres to you pops, your nice Aberlour 10yr old.
The Clan of Catchers - The Jayaruh Brushes - Williams Mug Shave Soap Club

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo
The following 7 users Like Tony'schin's post:
  • bcshaves, Bird Lives, CrustyCat, GAW9576, mrconklin, RayR, TroutWhisperer
Like Reply
Have had some Glenlivet 12yo. Been also thinking of trying Glenmorangie.
The following 2 users Like CrustyCat's post:
  • GAW9576, Tony'schin
Like Reply
(02-18-2021, 10:21 AM)CrustyCat Wrote: Have had some Glenlivet 12yo.  Been also thinking of trying Glenmorangie.

Both Really nice tipples
The Clan of Catchers - The Jayaruh Brushes - Williams Mug Shave Soap Club

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo
The following 1 user Likes Tony'schin's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(02-18-2021, 10:21 AM)CrustyCat Wrote: Have had some Glenlivet 12yo.  Been also thinking of trying Glenmorangie.

Glen Morangie has a very nice Quinta Ruban... It's their signature 10yr which has aged 2 more years in Portuguese Port Casks. This formula makes for a great 12yr Single Malt that I'd put against many much higher priced older Whiskys.

(02-04-2021, 09:10 PM)Tony'schin Wrote: A toast to my Dad, 3 years today and I miss him every day. He sort of got me back into traditional shaving as I shaved him with his Tech (sorry - unmentionable), boar brush and palmolive stick when he couldn't manage, I thought I'd better up my technique.
He had a wonderful whisky collection (among other tipples) which we enjoyed [Image: 2764.png] and these were passed to me.

[Image: Screenshot-20210204-204859-Gallery.jpg]

My respect and good wishes for you and yours on your Father's Memorial Day.... You're a lucky Man to have your Father still so close to your Heart.
"Music is my Mistress, and She Plays Second Fiddle to No One"-Duke Ellington
"To Be or Not To Bop"-Dizzy Gillespie
The following 3 users Like Bird Lives's post:
  • GAW9576, Tony'schin, Wchnu
Like Reply
You turned me on to that Bird'. It was quite good.

A wee dram before supper... Nothing special, Ballantines and I chased away the snakes with a wee bit o'water.
The following 2 users Like ShadowsDad's post:
  • GAW9576, Tony'schin
Like Reply
(02-21-2021, 02:11 PM)Bird Lives Wrote:

Glen Morangie has a very nice Quinta Ruban... It's their signature 10yr which has aged 2 more years in Portuguese Port Casks. This formula makes for a great 12yr Single Malt that I'd put against many much higher priced older Whiskys.

(02-04-2021, 09:10 PM)Tony'schin Wrote: A toast to my Dad, 3 years today and I miss him every day. He sort of got me back into traditional shaving as I shaved him with his Tech (sorry - unmentionable), boar brush and palmolive stick when he couldn't manage, I thought I'd better up my technique.

My respect and good wishes for you and yours on your Father's Memorial Day.... You're a lucky Man to have your Father still so close to your Heart.

AWESOME!!!!  My Mom loved the smell of cigars. I have a routine when I visit her grave that includes smoking a nice cigar. These kind of things are important in my world.
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 3 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • bcshaves, GAW9576, Tony'schin
Like Reply
Any time I drink I pour a few drops and throw it to the floor to remember the ones that are no longer here. I would not do that with such a fine drink but it is something we do in my culture.

(02-25-2021, 01:41 AM)Wchnu Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 02:11 PM)Bird Lives Wrote: Glen Morangie has a very nice Quinta Ruban... It's their signature 10yr which has aged 2 more years in Portuguese Port Casks. This formula makes for a great 12yr Single Malt that I'd put against many much higher priced older Whiskys.

AWESOME!!!!  My Mom loved the smell of cigars. I have a routine when I visit her grave that includes smoking a nice cigar. These kind of things are important in my world.

Wow, that seems like something wonderful. I wish my mom enjoyed the smell. I have not had a cigar in a while. Traditions are important to me as well.
De Oppresso Liber
The following 2 users Like bcshaves's post:
  • GAW9576, Tony'schin
Like Reply
Tony'schin, I hope your memories were nothing but good warm memories.
The following 2 users Like ShadowsDad's post:
  • GAW9576, Tony'schin
Like Reply
(02-25-2021, 07:18 AM)bcshaves Wrote: Any time I drink I pour a few drops and throw it to the floor to remember the ones that are no longer here. I would not do that with such a fine drink but it is something we do in my culture.

(02-25-2021, 01:41 AM)Wchnu Wrote: AWESOME!!!!  My Mom loved the smell of cigars. I have a routine when I visit her grave that includes smoking a nice cigar. These kind of things are important in my world.

Wow, that seems like something wonderful. I wish my mom enjoyed the smell. I have not had a cigar in a while. Traditions are important to me as well.

Mom always said that she would have smoked cigars if she would not have been a girl LOL
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 3 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • bcshaves, GAW9576, Tony'schin
Like Reply
(02-25-2021, 06:08 PM)Wchnu Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 07:18 AM)bcshaves Wrote: Any time I drink I pour a few drops and throw it to the floor to remember the ones that are no longer here. I would not do that with such a fine drink but it is something we do in my culture.

Mom always said that she would have smoked cigars if she would not have been a girl LOL

I must have not read the part in the rule book that says a woman can not smoke cigars. My great grand mother smoked cigars but she is from a different culture and in her late 80s she no longer smokes. You should had at least let her have a puff of your cigar once. I hope your mother enjoys the smell from up there.
De Oppresso Liber
The following 2 users Like bcshaves's post:
  • GAW9576, Tony'schin
Like Reply