Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Seinfeld thread (or the thread about nothing)
Was warming up nicely here for about a week or so. Rain kicked in yesterday and we have had close to half inch since then.
The following 1 user Likes Ordinaryshaver's post:
  • GAW9576 (12-13-2020)
Like Reply
Christmas Day today and while I like a fresh LIGHT(!) coating of snow for the day, today we're having a mini "hurricane", my words not the weather forecasters. All the snow we had is rapidly melting due to the high temps (50s) and the volume of warm rain. The wind is howling and a power outage isn't out of the question. "I'm dreaming of a wet Christmas" would be the song for today. 
Merry Christmas to everyone!
The following 1 user Likes ShadowsDad's post:
  • GAW9576 (12-26-2020)
Like Reply
Well, Christmas 2020 is in the books. We have had lots of good times. Now it's time for my favorite part, NAPPING!
The following 2 users Like Ordinaryshaver's post:
  • GAW9576 (12-26-2020), ShadowsDad (12-25-2020)
Like Reply
Another dull day at work. Very little traffic. That is ok as I am getting double time today. Overtime and holiday pay. I was making my Christmas shave video this morning and forgot to turn Airplane mode on. So..... phone rings and video is slammed. Oh well. I guess a day after Christmas shave is just as good. The boss lady made chicken sausage and okra gumbo. That was worth showing up for.
Don’t be stuck in stoopid!!
The following 3 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • Bryan_D (12-26-2020), GAW9576 (12-26-2020), ShadowsDad (12-25-2020)
Like Reply
I'd take a bowl of that! I love okra, but I think I'm not the normal northerner. I have to wonder how many Maineiacs would even know what okra is?

The wind is mostly over with but supposedly more rain coming tonight. I have no idea how much rain we got but it was a lot! I think our drought is over. So to is our frozen ground. I hope we don't get any snow to amount to anything until it freezes again.
The following 2 users Like ShadowsDad's post:
  • GAW9576 (12-26-2020), Wchnu (12-30-2020)
Like Reply
So how we doing peoples? Working tonight. I just read Uncle Sam has decided to not take returns until Feb. 12. If I owed him money he would take everything I own.
Like Reply
(7 hours ago)Wchnu Wrote: So how we doing peoples? Working tonight. I just read Uncle Sam has decided to not take returns until Feb. 12. If I owed him money he would take everything I own.

Doing okay....still alternating between chasing my tail and chasing a dollar.  Hope you're doing alright.   I realized I let the holidays go by without reaching out....I feel bad about that, but honestly, none of the holidays have felt like holidays, and I spent most of them working (as I know you did).  Stay warm tonight....it's not as cold as it has been, but it ain't all that warm either.
Like Reply
(5 hours ago)Flintstone Wrote:
(7 hours ago)Wchnu Wrote: So how we doing peoples? Working tonight. I just read Uncle Sam has decided to not take returns until Feb. 12. If I owed him money he would take everything I own.

Doing okay....still alternating between chasing my tail and chasing a dollar.  Hope you're doing alright.   I realized I let the holidays go by without reaching out....I feel bad about that, but honestly, none of the holidays have felt like holidays, and I spent most of them working (as I know you did).  Stay warm tonight....it's not as cold as it has been, but it ain't all that warm either.
I know what you mean about the holidays. 

Not too cold tonight. So far I have stayed inside. 3 hours to go....  things will pick up for a bit soon with shift change. Life is good.
Like Reply