Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June Hauls
(06-15-2020, 11:29 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: I just received this James Kent scuttle as a replacement for the one that was damaged in the mail. JD over across the street was so kind to offer to replace it. Thanks to JD for this awesome gift. Here it is with my Schick C3 Repeater.

[Image: IMG_2456.JPG]
 Very nice scuttle! And razor...

(06-17-2020, 08:38 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: I just received my first 100 pack of Gem stainless blades. Very cool. This should last a while.

[Image: s-l500.jpg]

Excellent!
Andrew
Traditional wet shaving saves me money...
The following 2 users Like Droo78's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh
Like Reply
(06-14-2020, 06:40 PM)twhite Wrote: I just got back from a swap meet. First time hunting in months. Scored some goodies. 1964-1969 Case scout type knife. I need to rescale it $5 blades are over 90%. An old Stanley Victor 3” clamp on bench vise $15. I like to restore small vises. Lastly a razor. Auto Strop B1 I believe in a metal case $3. I will be cleaning it up today. 
Man, I REALLY miss being in a state with REAL "swap meets" or "flea markets".  I drove all over Louisiana, and so far all I've found are places calling themselves "Flea Markets" then it's stuff from China (office supplies, kitchen utensils, Harbor Freight tools) that "fell off the truck" and sold for maybe a buck less (if your lucky) than I had bought it at a retail outlet.  If I do find something vintage, it's marked up so much that I can get it cheaper off the 'Bay (even with the shipping, even if it's the eBay in Australia!)  Angry 

Okay, rant over and I've tamped down my not-so-thinly-disguised jealously.  Seriously...nice haul, sir....congrats!
The following 2 users Like Flintstone's post:
  • GAW9576, Wchnu
Like Reply
(06-15-2020, 11:29 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: I just received this James Kent scuttle as a replacement for the one that was damaged in the mail. JD over across the street was so kind to offer to replace it. Thanks to JD for this awesome gift. Here it is with my Schick C3 Repeater.
Veddy nice
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh
Like Reply
Some gifts from my two kids for Father’s Day.
Please excuse the unmentionable blades, however they can be used broken in half with a shavette style razor.

Andrew
The following 4 users Like Droo78's post:
  • Flintstone, GAW9576, Jayaruh, mayer57619
Like Reply
One more item from my kids’ gifts for me for Father’s Day. This bowl of Erasmic was delayed in shipping and arrived today. Looking forward to trying it soon.

Andrew
The following 2 users Like Droo78's post:
  • Flintstone, GAW9576
Like Reply
Just picked this up at the Walmart.

[Image: IMG-2523.jpg]

[Image: tostmug-animation.gif]
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 8 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Droo78, Electrif, GAW9576, Grassy, ischiapp, mayer57619, Tony'schin, TroutWhisperer
Like Reply
(06-23-2020, 08:35 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: Just picked this up at the Walmart.

That is great! I guess you take the file in and they print it for you, great idea.
The following 1 user Likes Grassy's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(06-23-2020, 08:50 PM)Grassy Wrote:

That is great! I guess you take the file in and they print it for you, great idea.
I ordered it online last week, and they called today saying it was in. It was $9 something with tax. Pretty good.
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 7 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Droo78, Flintstone, GAW9576, Grassy, ischiapp, mayer57619, Tony'schin
Like Reply
I decided to add another AutoStrop to my collection. I don’t really care for the Feather blade it requires, but this VC4 is a model I didn’t have yet.

Andrew
The following 4 users Like Droo78's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh, mayer57619, Tony'schin
Like Reply

Man that's cool.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • Jayaruh
Like Reply