Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Clan of Catchers.
(02-21-2022, 10:09 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: C.V.  Heljestrand with Heljestrand Wedge on board for Sunday's Lather Catcher shave.

Classy
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 1 user Likes Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
A shave from last week. Modern Williams with a big ole boar and 1910ish ER.

Happy shaves to ya!
The following 4 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, mayer57619, Whiterook
Like Reply
(02-26-2022, 10:31 PM)Wchnu Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 07:36 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: I had an excellent shave this morning with my Pat. 1898 Gem lather catcher. I've been wanting to try a wedge adapter in a lather catcher for a while. The modern blade with adapter shaved quite well in this beautiful old razor. It was a tight fit though. The vintage Williams soap lathered quickly and abundantly with the Zenith boar brush. Aqua Velva finished off this fantastic shave.

I can not tell from the picture for some reason. Does this razor use the screws to adjust for the blade or is it spring loaded?

Yes sir. The screws are near the back edge of the razor. Here is a side view picture.

And one I drew an arrow pointing out the screw. They are in a much different setup than my 1887 Kampfe Bros Star. 

Like Reply
(02-27-2022, 02:09 AM)GAW9576 Wrote:
(02-26-2022, 10:31 PM)Wchnu Wrote: I can not tell from the picture for some reason. Does this razor use the screws to adjust for the blade or is it spring loaded?

Yes sir. The screws are near the back edge of the razor. Here is a side view picture.

And one I drew an arrow pointing out the screw. They are in a much different setup than my 1887 Kampfe Bros Star. 

Thank You. That is a good use of the adapter. Glad it shaved good for you!!
Happy shaves to ya!
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
I had a nice shave today with my Gem Jr. Bar.
[Image: sos220227.jpg]
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 1 user Likes Jayaruh's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(02-27-2022, 02:07 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: I had a nice shave today with my Gem Jr. Bar.

Classy hand made handle, box and brush!!
Happy shaves to ya!
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
I had a fantastic shave with my Pat. 1900 Kampfe Bros Star today. The mixed badger boar brush performed quite well with Wickham Irish Fern.

The following 3 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, Jayaruh, Wchnu
Like Reply
I had a fantastic shave with the Henckels Rapide razor today. Such a wonderful razor. This soap has an intoxicating scent, and leathers very well. The patina is looking lovely on the Zenith Boar.

The following 3 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, Jayaruh, mayer57619
Like Reply
(03-02-2022, 02:42 AM)GAW9576 Wrote: I had a fantastic shave with the Henckels Rapide razor today. Such a wonderful razor. This soap has an intoxicating scent, and leathers very well. The patina is looking lovely on the Zenith Boar.

That is one of my all time razors. Beautiful shave.
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 1 user Likes Jayaruh's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(03-02-2022, 03:59 AM)Jayaruh Wrote:
(03-02-2022, 02:42 AM)GAW9576 Wrote: I had a fantastic shave with the Henckels Rapide razor today. Such a wonderful razor. This soap has an intoxicating scent, and leathers very well. The patina is looking lovely on the Zenith Boar.

That is one of my all time razors. Beautiful shave.

It's one of my top favorites also. Thanks for sharing the wealth and selling it to me. The box you made for it is fantastic.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • Jayaruh
Like Reply