Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rub It On The Face
I have been just rubbing my shave pucks straight onto my face and then building the lather. This has been working great for me. I am over half way through my Tabac puck so it has a big hole in the middle. It has almost gone all the way through. So, I decided to take charge and try to flatten out the puck so I can just rub it on my face.

[Image: IMG_2333.JPG]
I would load my brush for about 20 to 30 seconds and then face lather. See how dished out the puck was?

[Image: IMG_2334.JPG]  [Image: IMG_2335.JPG]

I popped it out of the container and began pushing over the edges to flatten it out.

[Image: IMG_2336.JPG]
So, here it is after I went all the way around breaking over the edge.

[Image: IMG_2337.JPG]
Now it is ready to just rub on my face before building the lather thus skipping the need to load the brush.

[Image: IMG_2338.JPG]
Here I am building  a lather with Mitchell's Wool Fat after I just rubbed it on my face. I have decided from now on, I will be just rubbing my soap puck/cake straight on my face before lathering.
[Image: facelathering.gif]
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 4 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Droo78, GAW9576, Hoser#99nein, mlb 549
Like Reply
(05-18-2020, 11:29 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: I have been just rubbing my shave pucks straight onto my face and then building the lather. This has been working great for me. I am over half way through my Tabac puck so it has a big hole in the middle. It has almost gone all the way through. So, I decided to take charge and try to flatten out the puck so I can just rub it on my face.

I would load my brush for about 20 to 30 seconds and then face lather. See how dished out the puck was?

I popped it out of the container and began pushing over the edges to flatten it out.

Now it is ready to just rub on my face before building the lather thus skipping the need to load the brush.

Here I am building  a lather with Mitchell's Wool Fat after I just rubbed it on my face. I have decided from now on, I will be just rubbing my soap puck/cake straight on my face before lathering.

Just for fun, let's see you rub one of those 1 kg soap bricks on your face.   Big Grin
Andrew
Traditional wet shaving saves me money...
The following 1 user Likes Droo78's post:
  • Hoser#99nein
Like Reply
(05-18-2020, 11:29 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: I have been just rubbing my shave pucks straight onto my face and then building the lather. This has been working great for me. I am over half way through my Tabac puck so it has a big hole in the middle. It has almost gone all the way through. So, I decided to take charge and try to flatten out the puck so I can just rub it on my face.

Sounds Good...Me Too...kinda been doing that...but since face loading and lathering is the best way to go. I'll sign your declaration.?
"Music is my Mistress, and She Plays Second Fiddle to No One"-Duke Ellington
"To Be or Not To Bop"-Dizzy Gillespie
The following 2 users Like Bird Lives's post:
  • GAW9576, Hoser#99nein
Like Reply
I made a short video of today's face lathering with Tabac.

Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 3 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Droo78, GAW9576, Hoser#99nein
Like Reply
Yup. Face lathering rocks!!
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576, Hoser#99nein
Like Reply
(05-19-2020, 02:05 PM)Jayaruh Wrote: I made a short video of today's face lathering with Tabac.

Love your approach Jim!
The following 2 users Like Hoser#99nein's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576
Like Reply