Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Barbershop After Shaves - What Do You Recommend?
(12-07-2021, 03:17 AM)Old Sarge Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 03:03 AM)GAW9576 Wrote: I really like the the Veg. Apparently there is something with body chemistry that causes it to reek of something akin to cat urine or the like on some people. I was lucky enough that the first bottle I grabbed in the store was leaking a bit. That meant that when I picked it up it got on my hands. So I got an unintentional free sample and knew before I paid for it that it smelled quite pleasant on me. I bought a non leaking bottle though and gave the leeky one to the cashier to take care of. 
I want to find some nice glass bottles to decant stuff into now. I wish I knew the term for the little insert in bottles that helps pore out a small amount. I want shorter more squat bottles not tall and thin too. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I think they call the insert in the bottle a reducer. 

So, the veg picks you based on science and there is no way of knowing. Cool! Cool

Being one that is chosen is hard to describe to undetermined mortals. It's the best description I'm able to give of my understanding of the choosing process. I was lucky enough to be chosen even before purchasing. Angel Big Grin
Luckily it's not terribly expensive so giving it a try isn't to big a risk. Cool
The following 2 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, Old Sarge
Like Reply
I'm an "Unchosen" one.......................WAY TOO Floral to me, glad some can enjoy it.
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 2 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, Old Sarge
Like Reply
(12-07-2021, 10:30 AM)Dave in KY Wrote: I'm an "Unchosen" one.......................WAY TOO Floral to me, glad some can enjoy it.

I smell the floral in it but there is more of a fresh baby powderish scent than floral to me. I've checked with my wife and several other women and they said it was mild and pleasant even when I thought I had put to much on.

There's got to be a body chemistry aspect to it. I believe that's true with most if not all applied fragrances.
The following 2 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, Old Sarge
Like Reply
(12-07-2021, 02:09 PM)GAW9576 Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 10:30 AM)Dave in KY Wrote: I'm an "Unchosen" one.......................WAY TOO Floral to me, glad some can enjoy it.

I smell the floral in it but there is more of a fresh baby powderish scent than floral to me. I've checked with my wife and several other women and they said it was mild and pleasant even when I thought I had put to much on.

There's got to be a body chemistry aspect to it. I believe that's true with most if not all applied fragrances.
I totally agree on it being a body chemistry thing. It nearly shut my asthmatic airways down and the wife signaled a CLEAR objection to it. In another neighborhood someone acted the same about Nivea Deep which I enjoy completely. Definitely a YMMV or chemistry may vary thing
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
  • GAW9576, Old Sarge
Like Reply
I remember the barber back home would offer a choice between Clubman and Lilac Vegetal. The last cut I had from a real barber who trimmed my neck and sidewalls with a straight razor used something that I think smelled like Skin Bracer. Those are the true classics for me.
-----
It’s a lot more fun being 20 in the ‘70s than 70 in the 20s’  - Joe Walsh
The following 2 users Like Whiterook's post:
  • GAW9576, Old Sarge
Like Reply

Same here. I put it on the one time and really didn't care for it. I don't know what I smelled but it certainly wasn't lilac. Funny enough though, my wife and daughter thought it smelled great. Do I love them enough to wear it though? Boy, that's a tough question. Big Grin
-Eric
New wet shaver. Currently using mentionables in my happy place.
The following 3 users Like srqshaver's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Old Sarge
Like Reply
(12-08-2021, 08:53 PM)srqshaver Wrote:

Same here. I put it on the one time and really didn't care for it. I don't know what I smelled but it certainly wasn't lilac. Funny enough though, my wife and daughter thought it smelled great. Do I love them enough to wear it though? Boy, that's a tough question. Big Grin

Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
  • GAW9576, srqshaver
Like Reply