Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
October 2021 Haul
Congratulations. Is that an A2? I have a B and C. I believe they are B1, C1 but I need to recheck the differences in variation design.
I'm waiting on a razor at the other end of the Schick lnjector lineup.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY
Like Reply
Thanks, I think it's an A1, I don't think there is a designated A2 even though there are variations in the design. This one has a chrome plated head (thinking in places) where most seem to be brass.
Are you waiting on an O? I understand they are hard to come by
The following 3 users Like Grassy's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Tony'schin
Like Reply
(10-15-2021, 07:24 PM)Grassy Wrote: Thanks, I think it's an A1, I don't think there is a designated A2 even though there are variations in the design. This one has a chrome plated head (thinking in places) where most seem to be brass.
Are you waiting on an O? I understand they are hard to come by

An O clone. Good enough for me.
The following 2 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, Grassy
Like Reply
(10-15-2021, 09:28 AM)Grassy Wrote: It took a while to get here but all present and correct. Time to clean it up and see how a blade loads  Smile

Veddy nice!!!!
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576, Grassy
Like Reply
Took a Saturday punt for pennies,
A NOS Schick band Razor with 6 NOS Band carts - Mad or what, i have never seen one of these, although i have used the Techmatic band razor which is OK. The Schick is supposed to be better than the Gillette.

[Image: schick-Band-razor.jpg]

A bit info from an old B&B post.

"when King Gillette started making and selling his razor and blades business was very slow. It occurred to him that selling a razor was a one time affair but selling the blades happened many hundreds of times for each razor. So he started selling his razors at very low prices. Often at a loss. But his blade sales skyrocketed him into a millionaire. Most razor/blade makers followed his wise move. And many continue that practice today.
The Band blades were so good that Schick was losing money. He already had plenty of money making blades and the life expectancy of the Band blades was so extraordinary that it would kill the sales of all his other blades. Hence the premature death of the Band Razor and blades.
The Band was silenced. Last post was played."

another poster added

"The Schick Band is rated by me as one of the best razors I own.
I am currently on Blade #5, Shave 97 and still going strong. Almost all BBS."

Apparently 97 shaves from one cart! Time will tell Huh

Oh! and a Vintage unmentionable fitted with a RR UFO handle.
The Clan of Catchers - The Jayaruh Brushes - Williams Mug Shave Soap Club

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo
The following 3 users Like Tony'schin's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Grassy
Like Reply
(10-16-2021, 03:57 PM)Tony'schin Wrote: Took a Saturday punt for pennies,
A NOS Schick band Razor with 6 NOS Band carts - Mad or what, i have never seen one of these, although i have used the Techmatic band razor which is OK. The Schick is supposed to be better than the Gillette.

[Image: schick-Band-razor.jpg]

A bit info from an old B&B post.

"when King Gillette started making and selling his razor and blades business was very slow. It occurred to him that selling a razor was a one time affair but selling the blades happened many hundreds of times for each razor. So he started selling his razors at very low prices. Often at a loss. But his blade sales skyrocketed him into a millionaire. Most razor/blade makers followed his wise move. And many continue that practice today.
The Band blades were so good that Schick was losing money. He already had plenty of money making blades and the life expectancy of the Band blades was so extraordinary that it would kill the sales of all his other blades. Hence the premature death of the Band Razor and blades.
The Band was silenced. Last post was played."

another poster added

"The Schick Band is rated by me as one of the best razors I own.
I am currently on Blade #5, Shave 97 and still going strong. Almost all BBS."

Apparently 97 shaves from one cart! Time will tell Huh

Oh! and a Vintage unmentionable fitted with a RR UFO handle.

I have a Techmatic and the Schick would have to be better  Big Grin Congrats !!
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 1 user Likes Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
Here is a picture from my SOTD of my newest acquisition, a Schick type O Clone.

The following 2 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, Whiterook
Like Reply
Used my new handle from a trade and turned by GAW9576 Nice addition to the den.

Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 3 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, TobyC, Tony'schin
Like Reply
(10-17-2021, 12:42 PM)Dave in KY Wrote: Used my new handle from a trade and turned by GAW9576 Nice addition to the den.

Looks great with the Star.
The following 3 users Like GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY, TobyC, Tony'schin
Like Reply
Got in on the initial offering for the MARS (Modular Adjustable Razor System) and it came in today.  I ordered the razor with the standard plates and the extra 5 to get the whole set of 10.  It is a SHaDE razor which gives a wide range of blades to choose from.  I will be trying it out in the next few shaves to see how it performs and which blade and plate combination works the best for me. 

~ Justin M.
The following 4 users Like mayer57619's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Old Sarge, Whiterook
Like Reply