Poll: Do You Prefer Shaving With Cold Water or Warm Water?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Cold Water Shaving
25.00%
6 25.00%
Warm Water Shaving
66.67%
16 66.67%
Both
8.33%
2 8.33%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cold Water vs. Warm Water Shaving
This morning I am going to be patient and wait for the water to warm...LOL!! Big Grin
The following 4 users Like Twelvefret's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Grassy, Old Sarge
Like Reply
(09-24-2021, 02:31 AM)Grassy Wrote: Warm in the summer, hot in the winter.
I've tried a cold water shave, never again!

Yep, cold water is for drinkin'!!!
Boar brushes, brass razors, and hard pucks ARE traditional wet shaving. Everything else is modern day fluff for the girly men.
The following 3 users Like TobyC's post:
  • GAW9576, Grassy, Old Sarge
Like Reply
It was worth the wait…lol!!
The following 5 users Like Twelvefret's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Grassy, Old Sarge, Wchnu
Like Reply
(09-24-2021, 02:40 PM)Twelvefret Wrote: It was worth the wait…lol!!
Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 2 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, Old Sarge
Like Reply
I have better results with cold water shaving. Less irritation.
The following 2 users Like Zykris's post:
  • GAW9576, Old Sarge
Like Reply
(09-24-2021, 09:07 PM)Zykris Wrote: I have better results with cold water shaving. Less irritation.

Today was my second time trying with cold water. I too found it to be less irritating. I think I'll stick with it for the time being as I learn SE shaving.
Bryan, FNG-SE
The following 2 users Like Old Sarge's post:
  • GAW9576, TobyC
Like Reply
(09-24-2021, 09:13 PM)Old Sarge Wrote:
(09-24-2021, 09:07 PM)Zykris Wrote: I have better results with cold water shaving. Less irritation.

Today was my second time trying with cold water. I too found it to be less irritating. I think I'll stick with it for the time being as I learn SE shaving.

You may think I'm joking, but I've never had irritation from shaving, I literally don't understand. And I used to use canned foam with an OLD.
Boar brushes, brass razors, and hard pucks ARE traditional wet shaving. Everything else is modern day fluff for the girly men.
The following 2 users Like TobyC's post:
  • GAW9576, Old Sarge
Like Reply
I have tried both cold and warm.  When I started out with traditional wet shaving in June of 2017, I used warm water. I was getting irritation on my neck. I then read a thread across the street mentioning that cold water shaves may reduce irritation. My shave results did improve gradually with regards to irritation and I continued with cold water shaving for a while.  Then, late last year, I wanted to experiment with warm water again. Results: shaves were still excellent. My conclusion is that my inexperienced shaving technique caused the irritation early on in my wet shaving journey.  As my technique improved, so did the results. Now, I prefer warm water shaves.

This month, September, I have also experimented with shaving only while in the shower. I do not like cold showers, so these have all been warm water shaves by default. Results have been most excellent and I may have become a converted shower shaver (easier to clean up afterwards too).  

My final conclusion is that it really does not matter the temperature of the water with regards to the shaving results (from my own experience). So, I suggest to go with what works for YOU.
Andrew
Traditional wet shaving saves me money...
The following 6 users Like Droo78's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, Jayaruh, Old Sarge, TobyC, Wchnu
Like Reply
Another hot to warm water today.
The following 2 users Like Twelvefret's post:
  • GAW9576, Old Sarge
Like Reply
(09-23-2021, 11:59 PM)Old Sarge Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 11:38 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: Hot shave, Hot springs. Oh wait sorry this isn't the word association game. Nevermind.

GAW9576, now I'm confused. Not only am I unsure if I should be shaving with cold water or hot water, but now I've got to consider that TobyC is shaving with hot coffee!  Huh 

I guess the caffeine is good for the skin? Maybe we need to ask Wchnu if the instant packs of Cafe Bustelo would be even better?
A shave with hot coffee water to lather. Interesting. Which soap???
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576, Old Sarge
Like Reply