Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vintage Williams guest size stick.
I posted awhile back about a couple of smaller vintage Williams shave sticks I had picked up. They are in glass tubes and look to be in pretty good shape. I decided that i wanted to use one. The paper wrapper in them is really not in that good of shape to remove. I pretty much had to scrape it off. It looks like to me that the oils from the stick have penetrated it over the years. I got one of them more or less cleaned up and will be using it for Williams Wednesday this week,. As I already have a large stick these will be going into give aways probably.

Happy shaves to ya!
The following 5 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, luv2shave, Tanuki, TobyC
Like Reply
I was watching those I believe but passed on them. I had the same oil soak situation with the recent vintage puck I converted to a stick. Scrape off is the appropriate description. Good stuff and nice work. Thumbs Up  Big Grin
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 2 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, TobyC
Like Reply
(06-08-2021, 11:33 AM)Dave in KY Wrote: I was watching those I believe but passed on them. I had the same oil soak situation with the recent vintage puck I converted to a stick. Scrape off is the appropriate description. Good stuff and nice work. Thumbs Up  Big Grin

Thank you. I was actually going to bid on a full size stick but forgot about putting the bid in. These were the only vintage sticks when I went back to look.
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 3 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, luv2shave
Like Reply
(06-08-2021, 11:48 AM)Wchnu Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 11:33 AM)Dave in KY Wrote: I was watching those I believe but passed on them. I had the same oil soak situation with the recent vintage puck I converted to a stick. Scrape off is the appropriate description. Good stuff and nice work. Thumbs Up  Big Grin

Thank you. I was actually going to bid on a full size stick but forgot about putting the bid in. These were the only vintage sticks when I went back to look.
I had been looking for a good stick reasonably priced and finally gave up and made one from the puck. I was hunting a holder top tube in good shape and when saw one the NOS refills were gone.  Angel
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 1 user Likes Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
Do you still need the holder top tube?
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576
Like Reply
(06-08-2021, 12:08 PM)Wchnu Wrote: Do you still need the holder top tube?

Not really as I have no refill now. I should have bought the 2 NOS refills when I saw them. Shoulda, woulda, coulda............
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 1 user Likes Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(06-08-2021, 12:10 PM)Dave in KY Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 12:08 PM)Wchnu Wrote: Do you still need the holder top tube?

Not really as I have no refill now. I should have bought the 2 NOS refills when I saw them. Shoulda, woulda, coulda............

Yeaaaaa. We have all been there!
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 3 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, TobyC
Like Reply