Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to salvage unmentionable razors
(03-20-2021, 02:38 AM)twhite Wrote: Well it will work. But why?
I need to slot the holes so the cap will slide into place. I also need to make the blade stops wider. The holding design works quite well if I do say so.

Why you ask? Because it can be done! Dose anyone NEED any other reason?

I like your design. However am I seeing the original right? It looks like in the original design the original patent drawings the blade touches the teath of the unmentionable and the part that goes under the top cap only goes a little more than half way. That would make it so you would be using the unmentionable as the SAFETY and the device to hold the blade to the SAFETY.
like I said I like your design but it uses the unmentionable only as a handle.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • twhite
Like Reply
(03-20-2021, 12:47 PM)GAW9576 Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 02:38 AM)twhite Wrote: Well it will work. But why?
I need to slot the holes so the cap will slide into place. I also need to make the blade stops wider. The holding design works quite well if I do say so.

Why you ask? Because it can be done! Dose anyone NEED any other reason?

I like your design. However am I seeing the original right? It looks like in the original design the original patent drawings the blade touches the teath of the unmentionable and the part that goes under the top cap only goes a little more than half way. That would make it so you would be using the unmentionable as the SAFETY and the device to hold the blade to the SAFETY.

well I need to go am to the drawing board then. I will see if I can come up with something true to the original
Lost, If found do not return and do not feed.
The following 2 users Like twhite's post:
  • GAW9576, riverrun
Like Reply
(03-20-2021, 03:17 PM)twhite Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 12:47 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: Why you ask? Because it can be done! Dose anyone NEED any other reason?

well I need to go am to the drawing board then. I will see if I can come up with something true to the original

That design may still be fun to play with. But it would be cool to have the safety part of the unmentionable come into play.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • twhite
Like Reply
Did this go no further?
Boar brushes, brass razors, and hard pucks ARE traditional wet shaving. Everything else is modern day fluff for the girly men.
The following 1 user Likes TobyC's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
It looks great! I should test it for sure. 
The Braun which I try is also good. Highly recommend. 
The following 2 users Like Reon76's post:
  • GAW9576, TobyC
Like Reply
(06-12-2021, 12:07 AM)TobyC Wrote: Did this go no further?
No it died a quiet death. It is now with my other failed razor attempts.  I did make a second iteration that worked. Working alone does not qualify as a good idea. just purchase a proper SE razor and be done with it.
The following 3 users Like twhite's post:
  • GAW9576, riverrun, TobyC
Like Reply
(06-15-2021, 01:28 PM)twhite Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 12:07 AM)TobyC Wrote: Did this go no further?
No it died a quiet death. It is now with my other failed razor attempts.  I did make a second iteration that worked. Working alone does not qualify as a good idea. just purchase a proper SE razor and be done with it.

I did say the idea was madness.
One of the many crazy patents in my collection.
Good riddance.  Big Grin
sɐǝɹpu∀ — https://razors.page @patents@razors.page
ᓚᘏᗢ

The following 3 users Like riverrun's post:
  • GAW9576, TobyC, twhite
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 08:13 PM)riverrun Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 01:28 PM)twhite Wrote: No it died a quiet death. It is now with my other failed razor attempts.  I did make a second iteration that worked. Working alone does not qualify as a good idea. just purchase a proper SE razor and be done with it.

I did say the idea was madness.
Good riddance.  Big Grin

It is exactly the reason I tried it. I love a challenge. Failure is a great learning tool.
The following 3 users Like twhite's post:
  • GAW9576, riverrun, TobyC
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 08:27 PM)twhite Wrote:
(06-16-2021, 08:13 PM)riverrun Wrote: I did say the idea was madness.
Good riddance.  Big Grin

It is exactly the reason I tried it. I love a challenge. Failure is a great learning tool.

Good choices come from experience…. Experience comes from bad choices. Lol
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576, twhite
Like Reply