Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuzzy Catcher
Very cool, Tom. I knew you'd get a great shave from it. I love the fat teeth.
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 3 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576, twhite
Like Reply
(03-06-2021, 04:47 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: Is it possible to put small pieces of metal into a print operation mid print for wear surfaces.
For instance print to 60% insert metal elements then finish printing to have an embedded metal element?

I am sure it could be done. You would have to make sure the metal is below the build line. So you in effect need to build in pockets the shape of the substrate. 
Lost, If found do not return and do not feed.
The following 2 users Like twhite's post:
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576
Like Reply
Also a small TW in the cutout world be super cool. 2 or 3 smaller holes may be a good salutation also.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY
Like Reply
(03-06-2021, 05:00 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: Also a small TW in the cutout world be super cool. 2 or 3 smaller holes may be a good salutation also.

I like the 3 hole idea. I could also add them to the back of the razor. I will have to do that Monday. 
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576
Like Reply
Well here is everything. I definitely need to modify the head. It is too fragile in the ellipse area. Had to stop working on everything 3 hours age. Had a plumbing backup on my washing machine. Flooded the floor and I had to tear a bunch of piping out to snake it. The joys of a 90 year old house with lots of original plumbing. Got it unclogged and put som drain cleaner in to let sit overnight.  I will put it all back together tomorrow.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

• Dave in KY, GAW9576
Like Reply
(03-06-2021, 11:31 PM)twhite Wrote: Well here is everything. I definitely need to modify the head. It is too fragile in the ellipse area. Had to stop working on everything 3 hours age. Had a plumbing backup on my washing machine. Flooded the floor and I had to tear a bunch of piping out to snake it. The joys of a 90 year old house with lots of original plumbing. Got it unclogged and put som drain cleaner in to let sit overnight.  I will put it all back together tomorrow.

Sorry for the plumbing woes Tom. We've all been there and I feel your pain !!
Viewer # 7  Musketeer #1
Running Amuck !
The following 2 users Like Dave in KY's post:
  • GAW9576, twhite
Like Reply
(03-06-2021, 11:43 PM)Dave in KY Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 11:31 PM)twhite Wrote: Well here is everything. I definitely need to modify the head. It is too fragile in the ellipse area. Had to stop working on everything 3 hours age. Had a plumbing backup on my washing machine. Flooded the floor and I had to tear a bunch of piping out to snake it. The joys of a 90 year old house with lots of original plumbing. Got it unclogged and put som drain cleaner in to let sit overnight.  I will put it all back together tomorrow.

Sorry for the plumbing woes Tom. We've all been there and I feel your pain !!

I am thankful I did not have to dig any holes Big Grin
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576
Like Reply
This is turning out to be a pretty exciting project! Funny, I was thinking about little metal inserts where the edge of the blade meets the front tabs as well. I don’t know anything about 3-D printing so I’m of no help there.
I was renting a house before buying this one and it wasn’t only old, but also on a piece of land completely covered with cottonwood trees. Seems like every other year another tree’s roots would disrupt a part of the pluming somewhere. As much as I don’t like working on pluming, it’s even worse to be stuck calling property managers then waiting for someone to come inspect, then deciding what to do about it. I may or may not have done several small repairs on my own in that house  Angel
Andy
The following 2 users Like MrGuy's post:
  • GAW9576, twhite
Like Reply
(03-06-2021, 05:10 PM)twhite Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 05:00 PM)GAW9576 Wrote: Also a small TW in the cutout world be super cool. 2 or 3 smaller holes may be a good salutation also.

I like the 3 hole idea. I could also add them to the back of the razor. I will have to do that Monday. 

Cool. I still think a TW somewhere would be cool. Like how there was a G or anER on some of the originals.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • Dave in KY
Like Reply
If I can get a few say 4-6 good heads built next week. I was thinking of letting you guys test them for me. All I ask is you cover shipping and a bit of time.

Please let me know here if you are down with that.
  • Dave in KY, GAW9576
Like Reply