Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing how long GEM Blades last?
(02-11-2021, 05:10 AM)bcshaves Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 04:32 AM)GAW9576 Wrote: Wchnu I appreciate that. BTW is this the metal handle for a G3?

That handle is interesting. I have never seen one like that.

Second shave with the blade. I went against the grain and for some reason felt it tug a little on that pass. Over all good shave with the GEM 1912 on 2 shave.

I've seen a few but not a lot of them. It's interesting but not my favorite. Still it's nice enough to keep in my collection
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • luv2shave
Like Reply
(02-09-2021, 04:32 AM)GAW9576 Wrote: Wchnu I appreciate that. BTW is this the metal handle for a G3?

Yes it is. I know I have some somewhere but it has not shown up yet. If you want to try the bakelite one sometime let me know I will send you one to try out.
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 1 user Likes Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(02-15-2021, 08:40 PM)Wchnu Wrote:

Yes it is. I know I have some somewhere but it has not shown up yet. If you want to try the bakelite one sometime let me know I will send you one to try out.

I have the Bakelite handle too. Just no box. It's kinda funny how many handle variations there are for the 1912. And it's like trading cards or something, we gotta have them all. Big Grin variety is the spice of life after all.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • luv2shave
Like Reply
(02-16-2021, 04:19 AM)GAW9576 Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 08:40 PM)Wchnu Wrote: Yes it is. I know I have some somewhere but it has not shown up yet. If you want to try the bakelite one sometime let me know I will send you one to try out.

I have the Bakelite handle too. Just no box. It's kinda funny how many handle variations there are for the 1912. And it's like trading cards or something, we gotta have them all. Big Grin variety is the spice of life after all.

Yesss it be!!!
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 3 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576, Jayaruh, luv2shave
Like Reply
Third shave on the blade. I got more nicks than expected. But it was more than likely my lack of technique.
De Oppresso Liber
The following 1 user Likes bcshaves's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
Use no pressure against the skin. It's much easier to write than it is to describe. Whatever pressure you're using now, cut it in half. Then cut it in half again. The blade should just barely caress the skin. A great lather is also an overlooked key to a great shave since it's the lubricant and protects the skin.
The following 2 users Like ShadowsDad's post:
  • GAW9576, luv2shave
Like Reply
(02-17-2021, 05:52 AM)bcshaves Wrote: Third shave on the blade. I got more nicks than expected. But it was more than likely my lack of technique.

Yea that can suck. Be sure your running the blade pretty much flat to the face. Light touch and short strokes should help.
Happy shaves to ya!
  • bcshaves, GAW9576, luv2shave
Like Reply
(02-19-2021, 09:48 AM)Wchnu Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 05:52 AM)bcshaves Wrote: Third shave on the blade. I got more nicks than expected. But it was more than likely my lack of technique.

Yea that can suck. Be sure your running the blade pretty much flat to the face. Light touch and short strokes should help.

I think I am going to use shorter strokes as I have not been doing that.
De Oppresso Liber
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(02-23-2021, 10:01 PM)bcshaves Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 09:48 AM)Wchnu Wrote: Yea that can suck. Be sure your running the blade pretty much flat to the face. Light touch and short strokes should help.

I think I am going to use shorter strokes as I have not been doing that.

I bet you will like the results. There is always something to learn from other people I have found. Let us know how that works out for you.
Happy shaves to ya!
  • bcshaves, GAW9576, luv2shave
Like Reply
(02-25-2021, 01:19 AM)Wchnu Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:01 PM)bcshaves Wrote: I think I am going to use shorter strokes as I have not been doing that.

I bet you will like the results. There is always something to learn from other people I have found. Let us know how that works out for you.

Yeah, I think I am still learning. I still do not see why people want anything else than a Schick injector. The 1912 is a good razor but I am a big fan of Schick. Maybe I need to try a razor with more aggression or efficiency. I do not have a particularly dense beard but with the 1912 it tugs more than the unmentionable. The angle is almost flat and I use very little pressure. Also not as close of a shave even going against the grain. Maybe you guys can help me figure out what is going on?
De Oppresso Liber
  • GAW9576
Like Reply