Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In that season of life...
Like some of you I'm at the half century mark or more.  I recently became a caregiver to my parents.  My dad has Lewy Body Dementia and can't be on his own and mom ended up in the hospital with heart failure.   So I spent about three weeks there getting them through the short term needs with that.     

I'm back with my family now, but organized support for my parents and am making trips as necessary to get them to appt's and whatnot.  

Anyway, nice to check in here.  Though I haven't been posting, shaving has been a nice reprieve from all the "crap and stress" if you know what I mean.  Not that caring for my parents is crap, it's not.  They gave me everything, it's my turn to give back, but it is stressful and what they are going trough is crap.
The following 7 users Like mrconklin's post:
  • Droo78, Flintstone, GAW9576, Jayaruh, mayer57619, mlb 549, TroutWhisperer
Like Reply
Stay strong. Do what you need to to unwind. You're doing fine.
The following 2 users Like ShadowsDad's post:
  • GAW9576, mrconklin
Like Reply
Sorry to hear about your parents health issues, glad you're able to help them.
The following 1 user Likes GAW9576's post:
  • mrconklin
Like Reply
Great to see you! Sorry to hear about your parents my friend. Feel free to hit my email if I can help. We all have bumps in the road. Some are deeper then others. Everyone here will lend a latter if needed I am sure.
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 2 users Like Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576, mrconklin
Like Reply
Thanks for taking care of your parents. I know they are probably not thrilled to be taken care of, but I bet they appreciate your care as well. God bless you all.
Jim - The Cackalacky Kid "Finally, shaving is fun again..." 
The Jayaruh Brushes  - The Clan of Catchers
The following 2 users Like Jayaruh's post:
  • GAW9576, mrconklin
Like Reply
(10-18-2020, 02:13 AM)mrconklin Wrote: Like some of you I'm at the half century mark or more.  I recently became a caregiver to my parents.  My dad has Lewy Body Dementia and can't be on his own and mom ended up in the hospital with heart failure.   So I spent about three weeks there getting them through the short term needs with that.     

I'm back with my family now, but organized support for my parents and am making trips as necessary to get them to appt's and whatnot.  

Anyway, nice to check in here.  Though I haven't been posting, shaving has been a nice reprieve from all the "crap and stress" if you know what I mean.  Not that caring for my parents is crap, it's not.  They gave me everything, it's my turn to give back, but it is stressful and what they are going trough is crap.
I absolutely feel for what you and your folks are going through.  I know being a caretaker (part time or full time) can be stressful and draining, but your folks are so lucky to have you in their lives.
The following 3 users Like Flintstone's post:
  • GAW9576, mlb 549, mrconklin
Like Reply