Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your favorite shaving stick?
My favorite is my vintage Williams. But modern I think my favorite is Tabac.
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 1 user Likes Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(08-29-2020, 09:44 AM)RobinK Wrote: I've tried a few, and this one turned out to be the keeper: Valobra Hard Shaving Stick. It has a nice, musky scent and lathers commendably.
I can only imagine how nice that Valobra is.  I recently found a rare stash of Valobra Fougere (my favorite) soap at an Australia retailer (VSHOD), and got what I could....they didn't have any sticks left.  The optimist in me wants to believe that the parent company of Proraso who purchased Valobra will indeed be true to their word (i.e., Press Release) and keep Valobra going; but the realist in me (after more than decade of experience working on mergers & acquisitions) feels certain that Valobra was purchased to grab their assets and take it off the board.....I'm especially convinced of this since they've let every single retailer run out of stock well before C-19 hit.  I hope I'm wrong, because I REALLY like their soaps.
The following 2 users Like Flintstone's post:
  • GAW9576, RobinK
Like Reply
I love a few soaps, but, I cannot tell a lie; I could use only Arko and be Happy the rest of my life...I did do a 5 year stint, I believe! And was absolutely happy latherwise ( is that a word?).
"Music is my Mistress, and She Plays Second Fiddle to No One"-Duke Ellington
"To Be or Not To Bop"-Dizzy Gillespie
The following 2 users Like Bird Lives's post:
  • Droo78, GAW9576
Like Reply
(09-01-2020, 07:25 PM)Bird Lives Wrote: I love a few soaps, but, I cannot tell a lie; I could use only Arko and be Happy the rest of my life...I did do a 5 year stint, I believe! And was absolutely happy latherwise ( is that a word?).

It’s a word now!! Nothing at all wrong with the ARKO.
Happy shaves to ya!
The following 1 user Likes Wchnu's post:
  • GAW9576
Like Reply
(09-06-2020, 05:47 AM)Wchnu Wrote: Nothing at all wrong with the ARKO.

Well, the scent is more on the rustic site. And by "rustic", I mean "manure." 

Put in a saucepan, gentle heat it, and the scent will go away. Add fragrance oils of your choice, and you are good to go, as they say.
Like Reply