tost3
Mobile version - Printable Version

+- tost3 (https://www.tost3.com)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.tost3.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Forum: The Front Porch (https://www.tost3.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Mobile version (/showthread.php?tid=40)

Pages: 1 2 3

Mobile version - Electrif - 04-27-2020

I use my phone for the majority of forum use. So, for me, a mobile version is essential as it's very difficult to navigate the web version.

RE: Mobile version - mayer57619 - 04-27-2020

Me as well...I am working on the Tapatalk plugin next Electrif

RE: Mobile version - Electrif - 04-27-2020

Appreciate the work you're doing. But Tapatalk is a no no for me personally. One of the mods on the ATG forum in the UK posted this:
"I invested hour upon hour trying to get it to work; The tapatalk plug is dreadful, the support is poor. The security holes that it opens up are... Nah, sorry but I personally want nothing more to do with it... The mobile website of ATG is fantastic, a much better experience than tapatalk, but I can understand that having all forums in one place is nice and easy..."

RE: Mobile version - Ordinaryshaver - 04-27-2020

I used Tapatalk, but as stated it was horrible on my phone.
I prefer the web based version.

HOWEVER, there are folks that like it, so it's not necessarily a bad thing to make it available.

RE: Mobile version - mayer57619 - 04-27-2020

(04-27-2020, 01:19 PM)Electrif Wrote: Appreciate the work you're doing. But Tapatalk is a no no for me personally. One of the mods on the ATG forum in the UK posted this:
"I invested hour upon hour trying to get it to work; The tapatalk plug is dreadful, the support is poor. The security holes that it opens up are... Nah, sorry but I personally want nothing more to do with it... The mobile website of ATG is fantastic, a much better experience than tapatalk, but I can understand that having all forums in one place is nice and easy..."
Got it.  I can look into alternatives to Tapatalk...it is causing enough of a headache to just get it installed...no need for security issues.

RE: Mobile version - mayer57619 - 04-29-2020

(04-27-2020, 02:50 PM)mayer57619 Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 01:19 PM)Electrif Wrote: Appreciate the work you're doing. But Tapatalk is a no no for me personally. One of the mods on the ATG forum in the UK posted this:
Got it.  I can look into alternatives to Tapatalk...it is causing enough of a headache to just get it installed...no need for security issues.
So Tapatalk is out for the foreseeable future.  Will check into other options.

RE: Mobile version - Ordinaryshaver - 04-30-2020

(04-29-2020, 06:43 PM)mayer57619 Wrote:
Based solely on installation issues, or security as well?

RE: Mobile version - mayer57619 - 04-30-2020

(04-30-2020, 03:40 PM)Ordinaryshaver Wrote:
Based solely on installation issues, or security as well?
Currently a combination of both.  The have terrible support and from my research there are a few security issues that they have yet to fix.

RE: Mobile version - Wchnu - 05-05-2020

I have been out of touch a few days. I have not gone through the plug ins to see whatelse there is. Thanks for working on it.

RE: Mobile version - mayer57619 - 05-26-2020

So the best option for a mobile friendly version currently is by installing a responsive theme as MyBB has no mobile plugin options...will put it on my list of changes.